Technician Certificate in Construction (6165 – 10)
The City & Guilds Level 2 Technician Certificate in Construction is ideal if you’re new to construction and want a grounding in the industry, or you’re already working in a basic construction job and want to expand your knowledge or if you may be planning to eventually work abroad.
There are 5 mandatory subjects and you will have to take 3 written examinations:
1. Core Construction Skills Principles (J/502/2729)
2. Basic Construction Skills Principles (A/502/2730)
3. Core Construction Skills Practice (F/502/2731)
4. Core Technician Principles 1 (R/502/2782)
5. Construction Technician Practice (Y/502/2783)
3 Written Exams (in 1, 2 and 4)
PLUS Any ONE of the following:
1. Timber Vocations Basic Skills Practice (M/502/2739)
2. Trowel Vocations Basic Skills Practice (L/502/2733)
3. Painting & Decorating Basic Skills Practice (R/502/2734)
4. Plumbing Basic Skills Practice (Y/502/2735)
5. Refrigeration & Air- Conditioning Basic Skills Practice (D/502/2736)
6. Electrical Installation Basic Skills Practice (H/502/2737)
This course requires some 375 guided learning hours and provides a broad introduction to the theory and practical side of construction for a person beginning an academic training programme.
Candidates wishing to join this programme should have studied up to Form 5 at Secondary level.
The course duration for fresh College leavers is one year part time or 6 months full time.
The cost of the Level 2 Certificate is Rs 50,000/- per student.
For full time students, the fees are payable in 5 equal instalments of Rs10,000/-. Those willing to settle the total fees in advance will benefit from a discount of 5%, ie the total fees will be Rs47,500/-
For part time students, the fees are payable in 10 equal instalments of Rs5,000/-. Those willing to settle the total fees in advance will pay a discounted amount of Rs46,000/-